In recent years, companies across all industries have seen a trend of high-profile cyber attacks and data breaches. This trend is driving federal and state governments to update and issue cyber security regulations and requirements for businesses. Compliance with these regulations are mandatory.
Cognitio can help your organization get into compliance and can check that you are meeting all the objectives and requirements of the mandates you are under. Our approach to compliance is to keep focused on efficiently meeting the requirements but to do so with an eye towards reducing the risk of cyber attack.
Cognitio has experience helping firms in multiple sectors properly classify their systems and data, tailor and enhance their system controls, meet insider threat standards, and do so while ensuring that their security spend is optimized.
Our framework and methodology, the Cyber 360™, has been used to help private firms and even government agencies meet regulatory requirements and compliance mandates, while at the same time overcoming legacy technical perspectives. It provides a holistic approach to evaluating and mitigating digital risk.
We have applied this process in conjunction with multiple compliance regimes including:
- Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC)
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- EU GDPR
- Payment Card Industry (PCI DSS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- ISO 27000
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- NIST Standards Compliance
- Best Practices from the cybersecurity community
- NISP Operating Manual (also called NISPOM, or DoD 5220.22-M) for companies working with the federal government
- New York Cybersecurity Regulations
Contact us today for more information on how Cognitio can help you meet these or any other compliance regimes. We would love to start a conversation.