For many agencies, the question is not whether to move to a cloud environment, but how to move to a cloud environment in an efficient, cost-effective manner with little disruption to services and capabilities. When moving to a cloud environment, agencies must answer the following questions:
- Which cloud environment is appropriate?
- Is my program, platform, capability ready, or able, to move to the cloud?
- What level of effort is needed to move my capabilities to the cloud?
- What technical changes will need to be made to my systems?
- How do I construct an appropriate transition plan to move systems?
In response to the need for rapid improvement in agency postures, the NIH CIO-CS Government-Wide Acquisition Contract now offers Cognitio’s Fast Start Cloud Computing Assessment solution.
Cognitio’s Cloud Playbook “Fast Start” Solution is a rapid, technology focused engineering assessment for a specific named program or IT System to support agencies that have made the decision to transition to the cloud. Cognitio supports agencies and programs by developing a transition and sequencing plan to help efficiently move an IT System to the cloud. The program is meant to provide a high-level roadmap that will identify risks, steps, and needed technologies that will enable an agency to move a single system to a cloud environment.
For more information on leveraging Cognitio’s pre-competed offerings in your agency see::
The 30-Day Cloud Computing Assessment here.
The 90-Day Cloud Computing Assessment here.